Saturday, November 24, 2007

The Shape of Things (2003)

I was going to give this movie 3 stars for being an adequate story of collegiate relationships -- but the last 15 minutes literally blew me away. Rachel Weisz is amazing as always. Paul Rudd does fine as her nerdy-turned-hottie love interest; so does Gretchen Mol as a past Ms. Could-have-been. Her fiance and his best friend, Paul Weller, is OK but I just don't like the guy's looks or roles. (He's a sleazy player in The Business of Strangers too.) The dynamics of the relationship between Rudd and Weisz was sufficient to hold to hold my interest throughout the film but what Weisz did with the whole thing at the end knocked my socks off. For the morally squeamish (like Rudd at the start): This film contains pot smoking, bedroom canoodling, and offscreen oral sex. 4.5 stars.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home