Thursday, January 24, 2008

Dr. Katz: Professional Therapist: Season 1 (1995)

TV. Dr. Katz has a lowkey, professional demeanor that helps him deal with his therapy patients, sullen redhead receptionist, and slacker adult son. His patients are actually standup and improvisational comedians, so the timing and patter of the dialog is perfect. This show is so funny! It's as melancholy as but funnier than The Critic and about as funny as Family Guy if less antic. This is the crew that also created Brendan Small's Home Movies, which has a similar comic feel. I like Squigglevision just fine. (I'm also enthused Home Movies and A Scanner Darkly.) I suppose I should only give Dr. Katz 5 stars if the dialog goes snap-crackle-pop but I think it's near genius just with a gentler pace. 5 stars.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home