Thursday, February 28, 2008

In the Line of Fire (1993)

U.S. Marshals meets Death of A President (almost). Perhaps the most extensive and authentic-looking depiction of the President's Secret Service protective detail yet. Clint Eastwood is Clint Eastwood; what more can I say? Better yet, John Malkovich is John Malkovich -- wow. Just his eyes show you how unhinged this psycho assassin is -- and then he starts talking, trying to get into Clint's head. ("Your death too, if you get too close to me.") Clint growls him down every time, fixated obsessively on his sworn duty. ("You've got a date with my fist, you wacko!") Rene Russo is a good costar for Clint, professionally and interpersonally. (She couldn't be as hot as in The Thomas Crowne Affair.) I wish some scenes had not been so contrived (for example, Clint is surrounded by press photographers with his head swimming for 2 minutes) but Clint gives us many semi-iconic scenes and some soul-searching to boot. I own this movie and I approved this review. 4 stars.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there Twerpette/ steve/ robocop/
Read a lot of your reviews and believe it or not, as many films as i have seen in my little life ,no matches to what you have written about!!! Good for you to have continued this venture since 2005!!!
I'm curious to find out whether you've seen any of the ones I've posted on my blog http://filmsoffthebeatenpath.blogspot.com/ ! Perhaps we have very different tastes or its just coincidence that none of our viewings overlap.
None the less, you write very well and seem to have a flair for reviewing, which you obviously enjoy or you would not be doing it!
Especially with all the other activities you have going in your life as noted in your profile.
Known to friends and colleagues as a 'voice of reason', do you find this a burden at times? Of what subjects do you usually write/edit and speak? I'd be honored if you would add your insight and talent to my blog if you should ever find yourself with a free moment. Thanks muchly twerpette... (wherefore cometh such a name?) Lee Paris

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home