Sunday, August 10, 2008

The Mummy (1999)

The Mummy is an awesome special-effects swashbuckling blockbuster movie. It calls to me every time I see it on cable and I intend to own it (as I do its sequels). Brendan Fraser is superb as the reluctant archeologist hero and Rachel Weisz is no mere damsel as his brainy librarian wife. The energy onscreen as these two chew through their challenges is amazing, the special effects from Lucasfilm's ILM are simply awesome, and I love the tongue-in-cheek humor infused throughout the production. (It gives your tongue something to do besides get chewed on from suspense.) If you need the equivalent of a car wash for your endocrine system, see The Mummy and you'll feel soaked, spent, and limp in no time. Enjoy! 4.5 stars.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home