Monday, December 07, 2009

Jim Gaffigan: King Baby (2009)

After catching this performance on cable TV as my second exposure to his signature wit, Jim Gaffigan is slowly growing on me. I understood what he was doing with the whispery peanuts-gallery voice during the first performance I caught (Beyond the Pale) but just didn't find it funny. I suppose it gets funnier if you "get" him right away or after he grows on you. (I still don't think his Hot Pockets bits are that funny but I do agree they strike a nerve and have staying power.) On the bright side, this performance has a good ten minutes of nonstop bacon jokes. Awesome! I also liked his digs on IHOP and Waffle House. His most (and only truly) hilarious line of all was his last: "Oh, there it is!" Enjoy! 3.5 stars.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home