Saturday, June 05, 2010

Starz Studios: Shrek Forever After / MacGruber (2010)

This 12-min Starz movie preview gives us 2 to 2.5 minutes each on Shrek: The Final Chapter, MacGruber, Party Down, Solitary Man, and Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. Every preview is varied, detailed, and interesting enough to increase my desire to see each movie -- except the blah-blah-blah fest on Party Down's second season. Here is a 2.5-min expanse of blather about a show I still know nothing about, mumbled in the words of an ensemble cast (none of whose names or faces I recognize -- except Fred Savage and Jane Lynch -- much less care about) and the directors. It's that useless self-serving Hollywood piffle like "It's a really special story" and "It's really my favorite show" and "I've really become a big fan" and so on ad nauseam. And don't get me started on the cast's mugging and hugging while they make all these pointless comments. 3.5 stars except for Party Down's 2 stars so overall 3 stars.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home