Thursday, August 19, 2010

Jake Johannsen: I Love You (2010)

I greatly enjoyed Jake Johannsen in this comedic performance because he has a very fluid style of monologue, used no blue language that I can recall, and speaks intuitively yet reflectively about the varied dynamics of "till death do us part." He presents a mature and florid conversation about living in a committed loving relationship with one's spouse because he can poke fun at its challenges -- for example, he suggests the term "premature ejaculation" could amount to "poor sportsmanship" before he addresses how to be intimate and how to fight fair in a marriage. I suppose I fit his target demographic, which I presume is baby boomers or at least people in his age range, though many younger adults were also in the audience enjoying themselves. 5 stars.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home