Saturday, September 04, 2010

Starz Studios: Going the Distance / The Last Exorcism / Takers (2010)

I would have given this Starz Studios preview 3.5 stars, however, it does not actually include Going the Distance and it lightly covers The Last Exorcism as well as Avatar: Special Edition (featuring 8 additional minutes of previously unseen footage, a few fast cuts which are visible). Except for those two titles, this Starz featurette devotes 1-2 minutes each to the following movies in this order: Takers, Eat Pray Love, Flipped, Lottery Ticket, Vampires Suck, The Last Exorcism, Avatar: Special Edition, Centurion, and Spartacus: Blood and Sand (with a nod to the coming Spartacus: Gods of the Arena). From among these selections, I want to see Eat Pray Love more than ever and Flipped very much as well. Centurion and Spartacus will follow someday but I'm good on brassy Roman warrior spectacles for now. I appreciate becoming even more confident that I don't want to see Takers, Lottery Ticket, Vampires Suck, and The Last Exorcism. (They are well-represented here, just not appealing to me.) I disagree with the actress who thinks Vampires Suck honors the Twilight story so its fans will like it. It's possible, but -- Jacob leaping high to become a chihuahua? Bella's face turning into a Big Mac? A beer bong full of blood? The humor, if any, lies in the parody not in the situation -- the bloodletting, if you will, not the joke itself. I will probably see Vampires Suck someday just because it's a parody but this preview left me cold. 3 stars.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home