Saturday, May 14, 2011

Starz Studios: Bridesmaids / Priest (2011)

This 12.25-minute Starz Studios presentation does a mixed job in presenting us with the following films: Bridesmaids (4 min, 2.5 stars), Priest (2 min, 4 stars), The First Grader (3 min, 4.5 stars), Everything Must Go (.5 min, 3.5 stars), Thor (2.5 min, 3.5 stars). Because I have read and heard good things, I was previously quite interested in seeing every film (except The First Grader, which I had not heard of), however, the Bridesmaids preview was so boring that it greatly diminished my interest in seeing that movie and the previews for Everything Must Go and Thor mildly decreased my interest in those two movies. Priest did a very good job of keeping up my interest but the star of this Starz Studios installment is The First Grader -- a wonderful and true story of an 89-year-old man who petitioned to attend elementary school after Kenya announced free grade-school education "for everyone." Overall 3.5 stars.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home