Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Palms and Passion (2004)

I watched this DVD on Palm Sunday. It is worthwhile for the scenery and even for the inspirational music. (The Discovery Singers are syrupy-sweet – inspiring thoughts of the decade before The Wonderful World of Disney – but the songs by Marty Goetz had me considering an album purchase.) True, it is only a DVD, but to see actual scenes of Jerusalem and the Holy Land – places alive in faith and history – well, you don’t get that in your own backyard. In addition, the Bonus Features’ mini-biographies of persons at the Last Supper was so good that I learned things I did not know (and I have a related degree). Please note that the presentation respectfully showcases all the faiths that share Jerusalem, however, a Christian audience is presumed by the narration and the music. Enjoy! 3 stars. (3-21-2016, posted 3-24-2016)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home