Thursday, May 12, 2016

Gary Gulman: In This Economy? (2012)

This is the second Gary Gulman special I have seen, and the comedian had me going for the first 10 minutes as he hammered on Blockbuster and lavished love on Netflix. (Just the streaming though: DVDs are too much work nowadays.) Late in the show, he spent 15 minutes comparing Donald Trump’s paltry $2.9 billion net worth with Bill Gates’ $59 billion, and ended with a segment commending some of the good things brought to you by the Jewish people. Gulman has an easygoing demeanor, squeaky clean appearance, and an everyman perspective, but I really enjoy his excellent vocabulary and use of grammar. This guy is an essayist in stand-up, an editorialist who is funny. Someone compared him to George Carlin and I think that is fair. I like intelligent comedy and I like Gary Gulman. Enjoy! 4 stars. (5-12-2016)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home