Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Norm MacDonald: Hitler's Dog, Gossip & Trickery (2017)

I remember Norm MacDonald as being funnier than this. Netflux no longer lists his other standup specials, except for Me Doing Standup, which I rate as 3 stars (average, or I like it). Certainly he is droll and witty as Death in Family Guy, which I rate as 5 stars (exceptional, or I love it). This standup special is titled Hitler's Dog, on the premise that at least Hitler's dog would have looked up to him. Big whoop. He ranges around on fairly common standup topics, and that would be the least I would expect. One detracting note, beyond the lack of belly laughs or healthy chuckles, is that he slurs and garbles his delivery now more than ever. As much as I love The Moody Blues, their voices do not have the pop and range they used to deliver, and neither does Norm. Growing older might mean losing one's edge. If Norm is making peace with himself, good for him. He can still make us laugh most of the time. Enjoy! 2.5 stars. (5-30-2017)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home