Sunday, October 08, 2017

Kathleen Madigan: Bothering Jesus (2016)

I like Kathleen Madigan, even though she might slap me when I say she has gotten more cherubic (and not in a waifish way); still, it works for her because part of her standup is talking about middle-America Missouri and eating unhealthy stuff. She also clearly is enjoying herself on the stage, and I think her breeziness adds to the laughter of her audience. She certainly had my gut chuckle on a low steady boil. This special gets its title by comparing Christian evangelicals' "direct, personal relationship with Jesus" to growing up Catholic, where you are given a whole list of heavenly intermediaries when praying about personal matters before you go "bothering Jesus." Kathleen is a champ. Enjoy! 3.5 stars. (10-8-2017)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home