Monday, October 16, 2017

My Family: Seasons 1-7 (2000)

I finally got my hands on the first disc of BBC's My Family. (I will update this review as always, however, Season 2 Disc 1 is currently a Save title.) My Family is funnier, with sharper ripostes and repartee, than Fawlty Towers and A Fine Romance. Its closest analog on US TV is probably Married ... With Children (which I have not yet seen) or any similar show. Every character is brilliant in his or her role, esp. the put-upon dad (who is a dentist, of all things, poor sod) and the bad-cook mom (though in everything else, she is well organized, to say the least). The kids are excellent too, esp. the oldest son (a slacker, though the daughter also often asks for money); each child seems to slip into their role as if it is a comfortable shoe. Honesty gets a real workover in this series. Enjoy! 4 stars. (10-16-2017)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home