Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Lynne Koplitz: Hormonal Beast (2017)

I gave up on this show a quarter of the way in because of the tired hormonal jokes, but later decided to finish watching to see if she got better. (I don't like to do something halfway, plus admittedly it must be hard to have enough good material for your first hour-long comedy special.) I doubt most men are fans of a female comedian squalling for half an hour about her genitalia and their monthly cycles. (Gee, I wonder if women feel the same way about male comedians verbally sparring for a full hour about their pecker?) She could be raunchy, in a tasteful sort of way (don't ask me to explain), but she came out with a "solution to the problem" that created perspective and parity in the male-female relationship. (I didn't say men would always like it, but she's putting it out there.) My favorite were her last ten minutes, describing New Yorkers' candor when it comes to cussing and childlessness, and her "dark" bucket list. Enjoy! 3 stars. (8-23-2017)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home