Thursday, October 28, 2010

Starz Studios: Conviction / Red / My Soul To Take (2010)

This 12-min Starz Studios featurette previews the following movies in the order given: RED, Conviction, It's Kind of a Funny Story, Jack@ss 3D, My Soul to Take, Case 39, and Rifftrax: House on Haunted Hill. Its treatment is so-so -- tantalizing for one or two titles and not interesting for the rest. After viewing this featurette, I am just as jazzed to see RED as ever (no more but no less). You'd think Starz could drum up more interest in such a guilty pleasure (after all, it has Helen Mirren blowing off steam with high-caliber automatic weaponry) but Starz seems off its feed this time. After watching this featurette, I am more interested than ever in seeing Hilary Swank in Conviction (the story of a high school dropout who becomes a defense attorney out of fierce love and devotion for her unjustly imprisoned brother) and I am marginally more interested in seeing It's Kind of a Funny Story (where a confused teen boy finds self, love, and joy after being wrongly placed in psych lockup). I am still adamantly put off by the idiocies of Jack@ss 3D (though bits of it look more funny than the previews suggest). This featurette did nothing to attract me further towards My Soul to Take or Case 39 or even the Rifftrax take on Vincent Price's House on Haunted Hill (and it shouldn't have been that hard). 3 stars.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home